After the Crusaders took over the Lebanese coast in 1109, Kafaraka became part of the County of Tripoli. The Crusaders realized early the strategic importance of the town, turning it from a small village to a basic feudal linking Bcharri with the main fiefdoms of the coast: Batroun, Naveen (Anfe) and Tripoli.
In the year 1127, Kafaraka was given by Count of Tripoli “Pons”, to the Order of Saint John named the Knights Hospitalier or Hospitaller.
A noble family of French origin emerged in the town, named “De Cafaraca”. This family had extensive authority in the County of Tripoli. Pierre De Cafaraca supervised the construction of the castle and the hospital in the town. In 1202, Boutros de Cafaraca was an official witness of the election and inauguration of the Bishop of Batroun
In 1271 the Mamluk King Baybars destroyed partially the citadels of Kafaraka during the attack of the fortresses which protected Tripoli.
In 1283, the castle was completely destroyed by the Mamluk Sultan Qallawun, the village was totally burned and the majority of its inhabitants were killed inside a church in Kafarsaroun (At that time Kafarsaroun was part of the Feudal of Kafaraka).
The castle and the hospital were located in the area laying among the center of the village (Al Saha) the church of St. Georges, the Church of our Lady and the Church of St. Luke.
The building named “Abou Al Sayed” is the only remaining construction that still exists from that era.